[openbeos] Re: Larger Disk for VMWare Image

> I wanted to use the build-factory provided vmware image to do some
> development, however this proved difficult since the image is using a
> fixed size of 250 MB disk.
> Would it be possible to make the build-factory use a disk type that
> allows to increase in size?
>
> I tried to expand the disk manually using the vmware-vdiskmanager
> like so:
> vmware-vdiskmanager -r Haiku.vmdk -t 0 Haiku-big.vmdk
> vmware-vdiskmanager -x 5GB Haiku-big.vmdk
>
> This worked as expected and vmware saw it as a 5GB disk. Haiku
> however
> kept seeing it as a 250MB disk :(

Growing a partition doesn't enlarge the *filesystem* within it.
vdiskmanager maybe knows how to also enlarge common filesystems at the
same time, but I doubt it knows how to do it for BFS...
So basically you waste space and the BFS is still layed out for 250M.

François.