[haiku] Re: Laptop suggestions.

  • From: PHilip RUshik <prushik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 16:48:03 -0400

On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 4:18 PM, Disreali <mdisreali@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Have you looked at System67 [1] or ZaReason [2] laptops?  I do not have
> extensive experience with either, but have played with other people's at my
> local Linux user group meetings. Both vendors ship linux on the products,
> but I've heard you can get them without any OS.
>
> There was a recent review of the high-end ZaReason laptop on Phoronix.com.
> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=zareason_verix&num=1
>
> I hope this can help.
>
> 1] http://zareason.com/shop/home.php?cat=250
>
> 2] http://www.system76.com/index.php?cPath=28
>

> --
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is it such a bad thing?
> A: Top-posting.

I own a System 76 laptop. It runs Haiku very well, but I have had nothing
but trouble with it. I have had it for less than a year and have already had
2 catastrophic hardware failures. A complete and unrecoverable hard drive
failure, and low ram corruption. I love the idea of a Micro$oft free
computer, but my System 76 is just no good. I no longer use that computer, I
have switched to an MSI Wind netbook, it came with windows, but who cares,
its easy to remove, and it was less than half the price of my other laptops.