[haiku] Re: Laptop suggestions.

  • From: Alex von Gluck <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 10:22:24 -0500

On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 08:28:12 -0300, Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> hello.
>
> I am looking to buy a laptop to run Haiku exclusivelly. The main
> objective will be to give Haiku demos/presentations. These are the
> minimum requirements for it:
>
> 1 - Video card must be supported. The reason is because more often
> then not I will have to connect it to an external projector and, at
> least with the laptop I have now, I can not do that with the VESA
> driver.
> 2 - Audio must be supported.
> 3 - Ethernet must be supported (WiFi would be a good bonus).
> 4 - Must have at least 2 cores. The more, the merrier.
>
> Of course any other built-in hardware it has that is supported is also
> welcome.
>
> So, any suggestions?
>
> -Bruno

I have the perfect Haiku laptop which I run Haiku on...

* Fully supported Video card (ATI Radeon) (The radeon driver even has an
extended control panel)
  Example of ATI x300 panel:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/18-F7tnXTeRr8Un9KCwOrQ?feat=directlink

* Fully supported Wireless/Bluetooth (Intel 22xx)
* Fully supported Audio
* Fully supported Gigabit Ethernet
* Only one core, but it's 2.18Ghz w/ht

HP NC6230, a nice looking small business-style laptop.
http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=2663#

Good luck!
 -- Alex