[openbeos] Re: Kernel status (POSIX)

> The OpenBeOS focus has been on drivers. Mostly the
> ones that everyone forgets about - serial, parallel, mouse,
> kbd, IDE, CD-ROM, etc. A project plan is forthcoming -
> I just need to fill it in with names.

What do the interrupt vector tables look like for for
the various hardware? Is there documentation for these?

Out of curiosity, one of my (opinions) thoughts, was that
*NO* drivers should be seriously embedded into the kernel.
Are the IDE, CD-ROM....etc drivers generic modules that can
be dropped from the kernel, by the user, once a better driver comes along,
or will that require a complete recompile of the OS?

Peter