[haiku] Kernel mode and user mode

  • From: "Miroslav Stimac" <Miroslav.Stimac@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 19:20:03 +0200

Hello,

Regarding this diagram:
http://ezri.nextraweb.com/files/haiku/svg/kernel-diagram-new.png

Is this correct?
I mean, do all the components and application in the blue and orange boxes run
in user mode?
Only the components in the green box run in kernel mode?

If this is so, what is the box "Kernel" in the big orange area with the labels
Kits and API?
This is not the kernel of Haiku because it is in user mode, or?
Or are there some parts of the kernel that run in the user mode?

In general, could you please tell me how I can see which process or thread runs
in what mode (user mode or kernel mode) in Haiku?
Is there a special command that shows me all of them?

Thank you for any information in advance!

Best wishes,
Miroslav Stimac