[openbeos] Re: IntelExtreme

  • From: Jonas Sundström <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 14:37:18 +0100

On 16 feb 2007, at 00.08, Jonas Sundström wrote:

On 15 feb 2007, at 08.09, Bernd Korz wrote:

We made a new testversion of the exterme driver
and i wonder if one or the other could test it and
give me a result.

I tried it on a Intel D845GVFN motherboard with the 845GV
chipset, with Intel Extreme graphics, and bootup fails with a
segment violation in app_server, or some such, followed by
unloading of the driver.

This was with BeOS, not Haiku. (I realized today.)

In Haiku, the extreme2 driver appears to be a regression on
my hardware, compared to the extreme driver currently in
Haiku r20140. The one in Haiku has this horisontal stripe of
repeated pattern (hardware mouse bitmap?), whereas the
extreme2 -additionally- splits the screen in two identical copies,
squeezed in, side-by-side, pin-striped in an interlace kind of way.

It doesn't show in screenshots.

/Jonas Sundström.