[haiku] Re: Installing Haiku on Acer Aspire Timeline 1810 TZ, the 2nd

  • From: Justin Stressman <jstressman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 11:21:14 -0400

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 11:14 AM, PHilip RUshik <prushik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yeah, I would persnally never suggest that anyone use Nero or Windows for
> that matter, but if you must use windows, there are numerous free programs
> that are fully capable of burning iso images. I also believe (I hope at
> least, for Microsoft's sake) that Windows 7 is capable of doing that by
> default. You should be able to obtain a nightly build iso from
> files.haiku-os.org or by building your own image from svn. You could also
> build a raw HDD image and burn that to a USB drive, there is a port of dd
> for windows that works well.

I had a little trouble with dd for windows and ended up using a different
program (flashnul, google should turn up instructions for using it to write
a nightly image to USB stick)... and eventually just started doing it from
Linux as windows wouldn't let me write directly to the device and only to a
partition.

All the different nightly build formats are available at
http://haiku-files.org/

Anyboot, RAW, ISO, VMWare images (which work just fine with Virtualbox etc)

--
"You don't use science to show you're right, you use science to become
right." --xkcd