[haiku] Re: Installing Haiku on Acer Aspire Timeline 1810 TZ, the 2nd

  • From: "beos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <beos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 09:42:30 +0100 (CET)

Hi Gerald,

Gerald Zajac <zajacg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> hat am 24. März 2010 um 15:41 geschrieben:

> Why not download a CD image file from the nightly builds.  The CD image
> zip files contain an *.iso file which can be burned with Nero Express.

as was said in a former posting of this thread, the anyboot images are supposed
to replace the normal ones (strange, I can't find the posting anymore...), so I
thought I'd give it a try. With a former revision (from 100124) booting from USB
stick failed with a BIOS message while booting the same revision from a USB CD
drive failed at the 4th boot screen icon (cf. the February thread). Sadly, the
results with a current revision are the same.
However, I read in a Linux forum that Acer notebooks have problems booting from
a lot of USB sticks. So I will try another stick after work. Maybe that will
change something (probably resulting in hanging at the 4th icon :-) ).

Greetings and thanks for the help so far,
Finn