[haiku] Re: Installing Haiku in Acer Aspire One (was [haiku-development] Re: Kernel APM function access?)

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 01:34:27 +0100 CET

> I'm be curious to know how you got the Wifi working ... I had no
> problems installing Haiku on my MSI Wind -- just Wifi and the webcam
> are the two things not working I wish I had.

Is the webcam UVC ?

Btw, I've contacted an Amiga dev who has also been writing a driver for
his own webcam for AmigaOS, and it happens it's the same model,
probably cause it's one of the few that support bulk mode.

I'll be trying to push for a crossplatform webcam driver to gather help
from others, as we all have the same problem with those exotic
hardware, and linux drivers are GPL, obscure and in kernel mode, and
the Macam set of drivers which could have helped are in ObjC and GPLed
too anyway.

François.