[openbeos] Re: Innovation: Design and Programming

  • From: "Frank D. Engel, Jr." <fde101@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 14:52:53 -0700 (PDT)

Try again:

#define BEGIN {
#define END ; }
#define IF if (
#define THEN ) {
#define ELSE ; } {

There is no ENDIF in Pascal, and the END above will suffice; Pascal
does not permit a semicolon in front of an ELSE, so in the case of, for
example:

IF boolExpr THEN
    WRITELN('true')
ELSE
    WRITELN('false');

1. You need to compensate for the missing semicolon before the ELSE
2. You need to recognize the ' as a STRING delimiter, instead of just a
character
3. You need to provide for WRITELN (a library function?)

etc...

So C cannot do a COMPLETE Pascal play-along.  And what about TYPE, VAR,
NESTED PROCEDURES AND FUNCTIONS, well-structured UNITs/MODULEs, etc...

--- François_Revol <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Besides...
> #define BEGIN {
> #define END }
> #define IF if (
> #define THEN ) {
> #define else } else {
> #define ENDIF }
> guess who is superior now ?
> (believe me, I actually saw it in the source code of a BeOS driver !)

=====
=======
Frank D. Engel, Jr.

Modify the equilibrium of the vertically-oriented particle decelerator to
result in the reestablishment of its resistance to counterproductive
atmospheric penetration.

http://search.yahoo.com