[openbeos] Re: Innovation: Design and Programming

Lazy is all relative. :-)
One of the features of C++ is that the reuse lets me get more done by writing
less code.
The reuse level is (claimed to be) higher than C and other strictly procedural
languages.

There is something about my mind that screams *too tough* at C++. Not that I
don't know it or can't use it. But it "feels" too complex. Like there should be
an easier way.

We had a case at work the other day where a "C" header was being included in
some places (time.h) and the C++ version (time.h) was being included in other
places. Because of that, function calling wasn't working properly. Because of
the namespacing of struct tm. How subtle is that? Maybe I am lazy, but I would
*far* rather not have to face those issues.

Don't get me wrong - C++ will not be going away from OBOS or the rest of the
world any time soon. But I think that there is a real place for developers who
don't want to climb that kind of a learning curve just to get some simple app
written.