[haiku] Re: Ideas for a marketing push!

  • From: Jerry Babione <jerry.babione@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 13:03:25 +0000

On 11/10/11, Arnold <arnoldvanh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> If 10 people in 10 different countries would pay 100 euro (=1000 euro) a
>> batch of USB sticks can be purchased. they will become the distributeur of
>> their country. (I'm one).
>
> Too late! You can buy your USB-sticks from me :P
>
> I don't think HAIKU is waiting for distributors / resellers.
> Like the spamming lady (I received an invitation to join gmail from
> her) earlier, should HAIKU become involved into commercial bounds,
> which HAIKU Inc is protecting HAIKU from afaik, there would be similar
> reaction from the developers like Joomla OpenIndiana LibreOffice have
> shown earlier.
>
> The other thing is should we have a marketing action for a Beta
> release or is this a warming up (learning proces) for the real R1
> release?
>
> Regards,
>
> Arnold

Mornig Folks,

The discussions have gone from one extreem to another, as discussions
often do.  The Point is this. My Companies are real. I deal with real
people. The real people want to get on the Internet, do Facebook,
research random things, Play some games, do their checkbooks, and if a
business support their business needs.

The utilities are here to do this now.  (Sure BeFinancial has bee
around for a long time, but it works on Haiku and looks modern.), We
Need a front end for the CDRW/DVDRW utilities, Helious is clunky.
CL-Amp does what the normal person wants from a music player and more.

I could go on but I'd be rehashing what has already been said.

Metro Styling looses the flavor, look and feel of the product.  That's
what is becomming standard on Windows Phones and Proposed for Windows
8.

NOW IS THE TIME for an OS with all the tools ( SIMPLE to USE Tools) to
step up.   I despise Ubuntu 11.04 because of the slick approach to the
consumer.  Windows 8 will have its sales reguardless of my
preferences.  Haiku can be one of the best Linux systems ever fielded
if we can get our act together.

The main thing needed now is the HTML Browser, and please don't kill
the WYSWYG (Mozilla Suite) It can be set to give usere Operating
Environments which restrict access without blocking functionality.
The Kit Browsers have a malaware (Spelling I know) block that kills
local execution of binaries without a download.

Quick Easy Applications for the User to meet their needs.  Take care
of that and the bottom line takers care of itself.

--
Jerry Babione
Founder-Just Plain Folks Org. Inc.