[haiku] Re: Icon proposal

  • From: PHilip RUshik <prushik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 11:28:42 -0400

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 11:08 AM, François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > +1 for including a HVIF translator by default.
>
> +1 too
>
> > The 3Dish icons on the desktop look really nice, but for some reason
> > they look out of place when used on a toolbar, as if they don't
> > belong;
> > can't explain the reason, that the perception that I have.
>
> I second this, toolbar icons should be simple and easily distinguishes.
> On OSX they are usually black & white and plain 2D, and it seems quite
> ok.
>
> François.

I love the Haiku icons, and I love that we have guidelines to follow for
creating new icons. I don't think we should be changing them for tool bars.
This is Haiku, not OSX, I think the icons just contribute to Haiku's unique
style.
Also, I agree about the HVIF translator, although, I realize my opinion
means pretty much nothing here.

 -PHilip RUshik