[haiku] Re: IP to Geolocation API Testing

  • From: Joseph Prostko <joe.prostko+haiku@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 11:40:20 -0400

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 11:23 AM, Nicholas Otley<nicholasotley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I was given 2 options to choose from (IP Info DB and MaxMind) and both had
> identical and accurate details.
>
> I selected IP Info DB but either would be fine.

Same thing with me, as the first two options outputted the same city
and coordinates.  Given that fact, I chose the first option.  Google
outputted some town that is about 15 miles away, whereas the other two
pointed to a town 11 miles away.

I will try the test from work tomorrow as well.  It should be
interesting since that is satellite-based internet.  It's always fun
to see location-based ads that think I am located in some completely
different state.  :)

And yes, for the record, I do want my Haiku air-dropped to my house!  ;)

- joe