[haiku] Re: IP to Geolocation API Testing

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 10:53:37 -0400

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 4:04 AM, Vincent Duvert<vincent.duvert@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> In my case, I don't even see an entry for Google in the list. Just IP Info
> DB and MaxMind.
> Both Safari and Firefox complain that "google.loader.ClientLocation" is
> null.

Yeah according to the Google API documentation sometimes
ClientLocation will be null. I just didn't check for that in the code.
The fact that the others have info for you but Google doesn't is a
negative against using Google.

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 5:22 AM, Julius
Bullinger<julius.bullinger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> For me, they all show exactly the same information, which is totally
> correct as to the city/country. The detailed coordinates, however, are
> imprecise on all three of them. So, I vote for all. :-)

Well it is really just supposed to be an estimate. It's not like we
want to air drop the Haiku release to you guys ;)

--
Regards,
Ryan