[openbeos] Re: How not to actively prevent a PPC version of your software and write better code at the same time

I agree with all your points except for the points about requiring
_EXPORT on all classes and functions.  Also, I don't see how using them
or not has any relation to ppc.  There's a similar macro used in
windows code.  I've also used them.  However, I never used to for cross
-compiling.  I used them when making a DLL to inform the compiler to
make classes and functions available for programs that want to use
these functions and classes.  I suspect the use of _EXPORT does the
same for BeOS with .so files.  From this I can say that you don't need
to use it with all classes and functions and in some cases some
probably shouldn't have it.  It should only be used for classes and
functions that are to be made to users of the BeAPI.  So instead of to
decide if _EXPORT should be required for everything, I suggest deciding
on which functions and which classes should be made available to users
of the BeAPI and require that those classes and functions have _EXPORT.
This is probably a task for the individual teams.

Scott MacMaster