[haiku] Re: How do I get Haiku's ramdisk working?

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 21:34:28 +0200

On 09.08.2014 19:51, Humdinger wrote:
Not sure how well it'll actually work yet, but how about adding
ramdisk and ram_disk to the image?

I used it a bit when working with larger ports and it did the job just fine. It isn't particularly polished, though, and is missing a few features that would be nice. Moreover, what we really want to have is a better file system, a better cache implementation, and/or a working RAM FS.

Anyway, I don't see any harm in including it in the image (or preferably as an optional package). We do include a lot less useful stuff.

CU, Ingo