[openbeos] Re: How can we recruit more programmers ?

  • From: "Jared Eldredge" <jared@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 19:36:50 -0400

> Good or Bad idea to send emails to university computer science departments
> asking if they could contribute to the kernel ?  Isn't this the linux way ?

personally i think its a good idea.  i also feel strongly that a good tutorial
still hasn't been produced for students new to programming to dive into BeOS
api goodness.

i myself would benefit greatly from this.  i was intending to start my
contributions this summer but have since found my time entire occupied by my
new job.  when i finally get to wear my 'BeOS programming hat' i'll probably
take on such a task out of neccesity if it isn't already done by someone else.

-jared
*
i got tired of fixing Windows...
now i'm unemployed