[openbeos] Hmm...

  • From: "procton" <linalm-7@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 17:03:37 CEST

Why is it necessary to recreate BeOS?
We have a beautiful kernel, although we do not have the
code for it, does not mean that we can not use it.

The thing we have to do for starters is replacing the
net_server. That should not be impossible, and all i want
in the beginning is stability. The stability of the current
net_server is, well... bad.

After that we can start to move on.

I think this should work to keep BeOS alive, but you seem
to want to create a open-source version of BeOS, which
I think is not that nice of an idea. I have nothing against
creating another open-source OS, but I do not think we should
base that upon BeOS. BeOS is nice, but it is far from perfection.

Regards

/Procton