[openbeos] Re: Hi from the PetrOS camp.

  • From: "Ithamar R. Adema" <ithamar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 22:51:24 +0100

>I'm no kernel jockey, but I think you might be onto something. Would
>possibly be a way that to somehow work together on this one=3F We *are*
>source, after all. Perhaps I just don't understand the situation. My

My sentiments exactly. Could you elaborate on what you think would be
your idea exactly=3F I mean, our code is for the grabs anyway, so there
must be something you would like in return for investing time in
creating a "BeOS-kernel-compatibility" layer into your OS. I guess you
would like our support, i.e. help with creating that, and bugfixes if
any problems arise in the "generic" layers of OpenBeOS=3F I can't see the
hurt in that....

Would the code for the network stack be open-sourced=3F I think that
should be required for OpenBeOS..... We want all the code to be open-
source for OpenBeOS, otherwise our whole =5Freason=5F for starting this is

Please elaborate what it is you =5Fprecisely=5F are thinking/talking

PS: My opionion is basicly this: If it doesn't take away too much time
of developing our OpenBeOS project, and gets us a really good network
stack for free, why not=3F