[openbeos] Re: Hi from the PetrOS camp.

>> Yes,....thin air. A company with an obviously successful track record
>> which, unlike Be Inc., is still operational.
>
>Obviously successful? Bzzzt. Wrong answer. They are no Wind River.
>They are no QNX, they are no MS, They are no Apple. There are no
>indicators here that PetrOS isn't anything more than a hobby business
>or "pet project" for Trumpet.

They are still in business which makes them obviously more successful
than Be.

>>     Exactly *who* was it that was being offered the 'freebe' again?
>A freebie, with legal strings attached. Thanks, but no thanks.

I guess I missed that. The help that was offered was without strings.
What Peter offered was to
a) make his kernel work with OBOS.
b) assist us in other components.
c) assist the kernel team with suggestions and comments.

He stated (and I specifically posted on this list) that he was aware that any
code that he wrote for us was to be open sourced.

>> If anything we should be happy that people with track records feel like
>> aligning with the project in some small way or even take an interest at all.
>>     How much interest has Be Inc. shown in the project?
>
>Ask Palm. Who cares? What Be does now is irrelevent (unless of course
>there is threat of legal action against us). I've got a track record
>and I'd say a good 3/4 (if not all of the people listed on the member's
>page have good track records too.

Not too many of us run businesses. He completed a kernel. Not too many of us
have done that. His grasp of kernel level things is very good. Not to put down
any
one here. But Peter does have some excellent qualifications.