[openbeos] Re: Happy X MAs and happy new year 2007

  • From: "Ari Haviv" <arielbhaviv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 20:54:09 -0500

On 12/30/06, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Only certain aspects of "i18n" are complex - the most part isn't. Of
course we should try to adopt as much existing functionality as
possible, but it also shouldn't be our aim to include any 3rd party
foreign APIs which we cannot control, and which might have less
interest in API stability and consistency.

Bye,
   Axel.

I hope we can deal with the layout issues of languages such as bi-di and
indian. It has always bothered me that I would have to buy a special version
of Windows for hebrew localization. I know lots of Americans whose native
language isn't English. like...my dad :)