[haiku] Re: HaikuBox Revisited

  • From: Brian Hague <alphaseinor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 07:23:39 -0500

Speaking of blinkenlights:
This is a USB LED controller, could be used for our common goal of
more blinkenlights... I've got one on order for my haiku case design,
I'll be integrating this product if I can get it working right.

http://groovygamegear.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=82&products_id=239

Pros:
already a product
***Relatively Cheap***

Cons:
   haven't tried it yet
   Not open source
   Needs resistors... the instructions have you resisting the cathode
not the anode in the instructions... not sure why, just bump up the
number of watts you need for the array.
   don't have the driver written (yet).

here's the install document
http://groovygamegear.com/PDF/LEDWIZv2_INSTALL.pdf

Here's their resident software (not open source):
http://www.groovygamegear.com/ledwiz.zip

It'll do RGB LEDs so long as they have a common anode. so, for 32
outputs (divided by 3) we get 10 LEDs(with some outputs left over).
They also have multiple device IDs, so we can just add one more to
make it 20.

Brian Hague