[haiku] Re: HaikuBox Revisited

  • From: Ben Allen <ben.allen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 16:15:11 -0500

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 2:39 PM, Matthew Nawrocki
<matthew.nawrocki@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   I found what I think is the perfect motherboard for Haiku (for an entry
> level system) called the Zotac NM10-DTX WiFi.
> http://pden.zotac.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=210

That looks like a decent little board.  The one thing I don't like
about it is that the x16 PCIe slot is only wired as a x1 slot, so some
PCIe cards might not work with it.  I found a review
(http://tinyurl.com/2alpy78) that indicates that the board is rather
picky when it comes to RAM.  I like that the wireless card is in a
mini PCIe slot instead of embedded on the board; perhaps the slot
could also be used for a bluetooth card or a solid-state drive.
Buy.com has them listed for $120 (US), so the price is reasonable.
Good luck with it, and definitely let us know how it goes!

- Ben