[haiku] HaikuBox Revisited

  • From: "Miroslav Stimac" <Miroslav.Stimac@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 19:49:32 +0200

Hello,

Your argument is good.
I did not know that Haiku does not support 2D acceleration with Radeon graphic
cards.
However, I think that there are cheaper mainboards with NVidia graphic devices.

About the size, I think that this depends on the taste of the users and the
purpose of usage.

Perhaps we do not need one Haiku Box, but two?
One that is cheap, powerful, can be easily extended by additional hardware and
needs more space and one that is small and stylish, a bit compareable with a
Mac Mini.
Apple also has more than only one category of computers.

I do not want to say that we shall look only at Apple.
But I think that the Apple marketing guys are good in marketing and they know
what the people like besides Windows and Linux.

What do you think?

Best wishes,
Miroslav