[openbeos] Re: [Haiku] updated introduction page slightly

  • From: "Waldemar Kornewald" <wkornew@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 00:19:31 +0200

On 8/16/06, Waldemar Kornewald <wkornew@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 8/16/06, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Waldemar Kornewald" <wkornew@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 8/16/06, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > But honestly, a "what is Haiku" definitely must include our
> > > heritage -
> > > where are we coming from (BeOS R5), and not only where we may
> > > intent to
> > > go to some years in the future.
> > Agreed. It's just hard to find the right words and I'd be happy about
> > a few suggestions. :)
> > Anyway, I started rewriting the intro...
>
> Even though the start is a bit "bumpy", it's much better now, thanks!

Agreed. I can have another look...feel free to modify it, too.

Okay, what do you think, now? I hope it's not "bumpy" anymore and is concise enough (but not too concise).

> Hm, where did you get them from, then? At least the Flickr images look
> a lot better, and I would also like to have full sized screenshots, not
> scaled ones. Have you used the BeOS jpeg translator on them? It's known
> for a somewhat bad quality.

I got them from our wiki. Ah, now I found out how to disable the
"preview" image! There was no explicit option. Please look again.

In the meantime, John Drinkwater even updated the images to PNG. And now he's adding Rudolf's blog posts. Thanks a lot!

Can we finally remove the Drupal poll (before "Yes!" drops below 50%
;)? We'll stay with it, anyway.

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald