[openbeos] Re: [Haiku] updated introduction page slightly

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 23:27:25 +0200 CEST

"Waldemar Kornewald" <wkornew@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 8/16/06, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > But honestly, a "what is Haiku" definitely must include our
> > heritage -
> > where are we coming from (BeOS R5), and not only where we may
> > intent to
> > go to some years in the future.
> Agreed. It's just hard to find the right words and I'd be happy about
> a few suggestions. :)
> Anyway, I started rewriting the intro...

Even though the start is a bit "bumpy", it's much better now, thanks!

> > BTW do the screenshots have to be crappy looking JPEGs? Their
> > quality
> > really is pretty bad; for UIs PNGs or a better JPEG converter are
> > more
> > appropriate, I'd think.
> No, it's just all I got. :)
> PNG is supported, too. Actually, the GLTeapot screenshot is in PNG
> format.

Hm, where did you get them from, then? At least the Flickr images look
a lot better, and I would also like to have full sized screenshots, not
scaled ones. Have you used the BeOS jpeg translator on them? It's known
for a somewhat bad quality.

Bye,
   Axel.