[openbeos] Re: [Haiku] updated introduction page slightly

  • From: "Waldemar Kornewald" <wkornew@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 20:09:08 +0200

On 8/16/06, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

At least I still put my files into folders and clutter my desktop with
icons :-)
In the sense written there, Haiku is no better than Windows or Mac OS
either.

Not yet. ;)

But honestly, a "what is Haiku" definitely must include our heritage -
where are we coming from (BeOS R5), and not only where we may intent to
go to some years in the future.

Agreed. It's just hard to find the right words and I'd be happy about a few suggestions. :) Anyway, I started rewriting the intro...

BTW do the screenshots have to be crappy looking JPEGs? Their quality
really is pretty bad; for UIs PNGs or a better JPEG converter are more
appropriate, I'd think.

No, it's just all I got. :) PNG is supported, too. Actually, the GLTeapot screenshot is in PNG format.

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald