[openbeos] Re: Haiku poster

  • From: Kevin Ar18 <kevinar18@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 14:59:00 -0400

Why not use one of the CC licenses that is more like Haiku's?  The CC
share-alike clause is a copyleft vs Haiku's copycenter license.  Or was the
share-alike clause to protect people from re-using Haiku logos and promotional
material in ways you didn't want (kinda like the logo requirements)?

BTW, here are three options that are more Haiku like:
1. CC Attribution license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
2. CC Public domain: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/publicdomain/
3. Or roll your own MIT/Haiku style license with a little copyright and a
free/freedom to use/re-use clause.
The last two would be compatible with incorporating into Haiku code, as if
there were really any text from the promotional fliers that you would want in
code. :)

Messenger Café — open for fun 24/7. Hot games, cool activities served daily.
Visit now.
http://cafemessenger.com?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_AugWLtagline