[haiku] Re: Haiku installation

  • From: Truls Becken <truls.becken@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 14:50:20 +0200

Jonas Sundström wrote:

> Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> right now it is possible to open two windows for the same
>> folder in different workspaces.
>> Of course I'm not sure what the best solution would be to
>> avoid that? Moving the window for that folder to the current
>> workspace and removing it from the other? Or changing the
>> workspace to where the folder is already open?
>
> Why not display the exact same window on multiple workspaces,
> and on closing the window first check the workspaces bitmap?
> (sort of like ref-counting)

Yes, this makes sense!

Most X11 window managers let you make any window "sticky", which means
it will show up on all workspaces. Some let you specify which
workspaces a given window should appear on.

Opening a folder on more than one workspace could behave like that,
except that closing the window on one workspace would not close it on
the others (like Jonas already explained).

-Truls