[haiku] Re: Haiku installation

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 14:31:03 -0700

Hi Jonas,

Jonas Sundström wrote:

<snip>

In a multiuser setup, which Desktop folder on that other
volume would you integrate? (Even if two user accounts on
separate volumes may have the same ID and name, they could theoretically be accounts of two different persons.)

Multiuser scenarios that may come in the next year (or two or three, who knows) are interesting, but I think it would be better to ourselves more with not inconveniencing users today. :)

And why does a home folder get created for every BFS volume?
It looks like this is not an alternative to accessing
the desktop folder of non-boot volumes from Tracker anymore.

I agree that the Desktops of other volumes need to be accessible from Tracker like any folder, but I'd much rather have them be able to show like any folder, than
integrated into the current desktop.

There's just that issue with the attributes. What can
we do about that? Ignore the attributes of a desktop
folder and use a ~/config/settings/DefaultDesktopTemplate
when showing a Desktop-folder in a window?

I am not aware of an attribute-related issue: what exactly happens if you were to show a Desktop folder now?

Cheers,

Jorge/aka Koki