[haiku] Haiku installation

  • From: "Ronny Wisor" <RonnyWisor@xxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 15:43:06 +0200

Hi

I installed Haiku today successfully on my Asus P2B-DS motherboard with
2xPIII CPUs running at 450MHz, 1GB of RAM and a 40GB hdd.

The Haiku installer looks very nice and handy just like the BeOS installer.
Maybe someone (I can´t) could implement gparted at the beginning of the
installation. This would be great for the average user.

I recognized that the system is in most cases faster than BeOS 5 on this
machine. Although it´s an alpha release I´m very impressed how stable it is.
I love it! :-)

By the way why is no ?Space Bar? visible on a BeOS Volume where BeOS Max is
installed?

Where could I post suggestions for usability improvements e.g.  It would be
very useful  to have something that aligns icons - especially the Desktop
Icons to a grid.

Many thanks to all involved developers and this whole community for this
great effort.

Best Regards

Ronny