[openbeos] Re: Haiku and MidiOxygen44

Thomas Mansfeld schrieb:

If that usb_rawgw driver is necessary for that and the sources aren't available I am afraid that a new driver would have to be written. If the sources are or become available, it should be pretty easy to adapt them for Haiku and get it working.

Maybe I can contact the developer and he could provide the sources or the
usb specs of the MidiOxygen44?

If the MO44 implements the USB MIDI standard, the specs are available here: http://www.usb.org/developers/devclass_docs/midi10.pdf .

There's the USB MIDI driver on BeBits which implements parts of the USB MIDI functions (limited Input, but supposedly full output), http://bebits.com/app/3016 . The driver doesn't test for a specific USB vendor/device ID, so you could test the MO44 for compatibility by installing this driver and testing if MIDI output works on the MO44. In this case the driver could be adapted to support the full USB MIDI specs, which would be less work than writing from scratch. The BeBits page says it uses MIT/BSD license, so it should also be license-compatible with Haiku.

Regards
Christian