[haiku] Re: Haiku User Groups

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 18:22:28 -0700

Hi Stippi,

Stephan Assmus wrote:
Along the same lines of the NorCal HUG website that uses the old Haiku theme, I have modified the Japan HUG website logo into a combined graphic signature that could be used for HUG sites. Check it out here:

http://ja-test.haikuzone.net

I will try to work on the front page to make it more (obviously) distinctive from that of the Haiku website. I will let everyone know when I have something worth showing.

The icon looks good (although a bit broken on the technical side).

This is a very quick'n'dirty mockup that I put together without attention to details. Will eventually look into the details.

Just to give you some feedback on the glow that you've added to the logo in
recent artwork... I am really not sure about it. The logo already contains a
subtle glow, the one you added is much too obvious IMHO and is more a
distraction. It's like a new element to the logo, while the original glow is
there without being visible (i.e. works subconcious).

Again, quick'n'dirty mockup plus some experimentation (the glow). Point taken on the glow being a bit too much; will revert to the original logo.

Thanks for the feedback!

--
Jorge/aka Koki
Website: http://haikuzone.net