[openbeos] Re: Haiku UI Guidelines in HTML / PDF etc

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 10:20:20 -0800

Hola Miguel,

Thanks for the testing.

There is supposed to be a transparency fix for IE6 place, and I am almost sure that it was working at one point in time. I (or Waldemar) will look into this.

BTW, we are working on a mobile theme, and this may end up being usable for very old browsers such as Net+ and IE2/3.

Cheers,

Koki

Miguel Zúñiga wrote:
I attempted to load http://haiku-os.org/development in
IE6, after testing Firefox 2 (fine).

Images look terrible in IE6, probably a transparency
handling bug in IE. Can't test IE7 from this machine.

* In Internet Explorer 7 images look the same as with Firefox 2: excellent!. * In IE 6 the transparency turns into gray. In the logo, as background there is only the central part of the haiku leaf, the rest is white. * With IE 5.2 for Mac and 5 for Windows while is loading the images miss the background, but when it finishes, all the images look fine. * IE4 (as when just installed) cannot execute the commands, and the images are seen as with IE6: no transparent backgrounds. * IE2 & 3 can only see the text, the About, Development, Documents and Community are displayed in an option list. No transparency either in the images.

Before any conclusions, please note that
* NetPositive also displays the images with grey as background.

Safari for Mac and Opera (Win, Mac) do not have any problems over here.

Thank you for your patience.