[openbeos] Re: Haiku UI Guidelines in HTML / PDF etc

  • From: DarkWyrm <darkwyrm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 07:59:25 -0500

Stefano Ceccherini wrote:
2007/1/24, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Now that I read the HIG guidelines... can we please try to avoid stuff
like "Duh!" or "Good Thing (TM)" which makes the thing sound too
childish ?
The particular style is on purpose -- it's supposed to be on the goofy side. Documents like this can easily be very dry, and considering that it's long and I want people to actually read it, I wrote it in such a way that it would be passable bathroom reading, if nothing else. ;-)

It's possible to be technically accurate without being boring, and that was the entire aim. If you'd like me to put in a note about the style somewhere in the beginning, it wouldn't at all bother me to do it.

--DW