[openbeos] Re: Haiku Soundset

  • From: "Curtis Wanner" <katisu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 14:28:27 -0400

Karl wrote:
>I've been working briefly on a soundset.
>I've mentioned the idea before, but haven't heard anything..

It actually has been discussed in forums before.
Beosfrance has done some sounds which can be heard at his flash demo (bit
dated): http://www.beosfrance.com/muckups/Net++/flash/

>I don't know if it's a good idea or not, but maybe have a contest?

Maybe. I'd suggest finishing the other contests first.  Also need to work
out details so we don't get nagged.  Personally, I wonder if we could
find/try a different (more collaborative) mechanism for moving things
forward.

>What should be included?

That's a good topic of discussion as well as what is set as default on.

Have to start the list with:
startup
error
new email

>Sounds are important to an operating system, and they make it unique...

I am a bit concerned because it seems to be putting icing on a cake before
the cake is even done.

Curtis