[haiku] Re: Haiku Inc: Proposed Annual Budget

  • From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 00:02:08 +0100 CET

"Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> François Revol wrote:
> > Would it be possible to have HSA receive the funds and
> > reimburse EU people itself, are the exchange rates flat
> > or are there fixed fees / transfer ?
>
> I suppose that would be possible, although I don't know
> whether the funds donated would remain tax-free and/or
> whether there would be other costs involved.

I'm pretty sure that I have a legal obligation to pay tax
(income tax or gift tax) for money received, regardless who
sent them - Haiku Inc, the HSA (or just random fans of me).

> There is also the question of whether HSA would want to
> take up the role of collecting and distributing the funds.

I like the idea of an independent, european legal entity with
some purposes similar to those of Haiku, Inc. Primarily since
many of us live in Europe (shared currency, etc). But it likely
weakens Haiku Inc's position and might remove some of its income.

Hmm... http://www.befan.org/
"It works" ? :}

/Jonas.