[haiku] Re: Haiku Inc: Proposed Annual Budget

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 15:44:06 -0800

Ciao Stippi,

Stephan Assmus wrote:
On 2009-11-23 at 21:49:59 [+0100], Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Would it be possible to come up with an R1 roadmap and tie the funding to meeting the various development milestones that would take Haiku to its first full version release?

Although I don't want to compete with Axel and Ingo ;-), let me say for completeness sake, that I would also be up for it. I am in the process of getting a job where I moved, but I have no idea how much time I could spend on it, probably not very much at first anyway. I'll know more tomorrow night.

Should we come up with a prioritized list of tasks and then collectively decide who would be our best guy among the willing devs (as potential for awkwardness, though)? Or should each dev make one or more project proposals and then everyone gets to vote on these?

I would think that the former method has a better chance of getting Haiku closer to R1, so that's what I would personally prefer. With regards to the notion of competing with each other, maybe it's more a matter of figuring out who can do what best, and whether it is viable/acceptable from a timeframe and compensation POV for each individual; it could even be that the workload is shared among multiple individuals. If that's what the candidates deem to be more appropriate, as long as this exercise gets Haiku closer to R1, I don't think anybody will complain what the core developers decide in that respect (I know I would not).

Cheers,

Jorge/aka Koki