[haiku] Haiku Inc: Expressing our appreciation

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 20:31:32 +0000

On behalf of Haiku Inc., we would like to thank all of you whom have supported
our initiative in purchasing time for Haiku development. In this week,
numerous people have come together and donated over $1,200 USD, with some of
those people becoming new monthly subscribers!

To give some perspective of the improvements that have occurred in the same
week, over 100 commits have been made to the Haiku-WebKit repository. Over
90% of those commits are stippi's. Trying to summarize those changesets and
the benefits from them would simply not do them justice.

In time, WebKit may become an optional package and WebPostive's sources may
be migrated into the repository. Until then, a package is periodically
refreshed and hosted at http://www.yellowbites.com/downloads/WebPositive.zip.
As a reminder, either a GCC Hybrid or GCC4 is required to run WebPositive.

If you would like to follow the progress, two mailing lists are available.
 general discussion: www.freelists.org/list/haiku-webkit
 commit list: www.freelists.org/list/haiku-webkit-commits
 Trac server: http://mmlr.dyndns.org

Of special note, mmlr.dyndns.org is being hosted on Haiku! While Haiku
is not intended for functioning as a server, that it is able to speaks
highly of Haiku's robustness.

Lastly, we would like to remind the developers that at any time, you may submit
a contract proposal. If you prefer to submit it in confidence, a private inbox
info@xxxxxxxxxxxx is accessible only to members of Haiku Inc.

Thank you all for your support,
Haiku Inc.