[openbeos] Re: Google Summer of Code Drive

> [...]
>
> For more information:
>
> * Main Page: www.haiku-os.org/community/gsoc2007
> * List of Ideas: http://haiku-os.org/community/gsoc2007/ideas
> * Student applications: http://haiku-os.org/community/gsoc2007/students
>
> If you have any suggestions, feel free to post them via reply on the
> mailing list.

A few comments on those pages:
-The first heading "What is Summer of Code and why Haiku wants to participate?"
reads a bit oddly to me. I'd probably rephrase it to "What is the Google Summer
of Code and why does Haiku want to participate?"
-The links to the contact for the GSoC adminstrator lead to an access denied
page for me.
-The "how to apply" page project title example is not on the project list (a
group of students have selected that "partitioning" task for a short assignment
for their course - the discussion is on the kernel list). I'd change the e.g to
one of the ones on the list, or remove it altogether (surely any of the
students who would be useful to Haiku will be able to understand the meaning of
"Project Title"!)

Google will almost certainly look at those pages when making the decision and
they can't fail to be impressed - it looks very clear, organised, and
professional.

> Wish us luck! :-)

I've got my fingers crossed. I think we've got a good chance this year, with
such a professional GSoC section on the website, and after the tech talk
presentation at Google.

> Cheers,
>
> Koki

Simon