[haiku] Re: GSoC: Writing native interfaces for ported applications

  • From: Christopher Humphries <redeye4@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 08:14:35 +0100

I think that given the choice between VLC and Media Player, I would prefer
working on Media Player, which is much more integrated into Haiku, and uses
the kits instead of its own libraries.

Ideally I would add some simple UI functionalities, then some basic video
and audio functions, and I would love to make it work with some online
services, like Last.fm, or Spotify (though that would be kinda hard)...

I don't know how long that would take, but I wouldn't mind having a go at
working on Transmission, though it's looking like quite a lot of work.

Anyway, I'm glad that I can work on projects which interest me and
contribute to improving Haiku.