[haiku] Re: GSoC 2009

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 03:47:02 +0100 CET

Some others after looking at
http://code.google.com/soc/2008
http://code.google.com/soc/2007
about sharing tasks:

- AbiWord: update/redo the BeOS port.

- OpenOffice: I started documenting the steps of the port on the
EducOOo wiki, and it was planned on doing it as part of it, but maybe
some steps could be done as SoC.

- VideoLAN: update the port and rewrite the BeOS GUI

- Scribus: we could also port this Publisher-like app, http://www.scribus.net/

- OpenJDK didn't seem to have participated, but maybe they would help
with the java port

- Eclipse: we could probably use a native eclipse toolkit port, once we
get Java :)

- Cairo: don't ask, we need that for Firefox, and probably other things
too...

- BZFlag: oh, I remember porting that to BeOS long ago, updating the
port would probably not be enough for a single task, but might keep
someone busy after he's done with his job :)

- Handhelds.org participated in 2007, maybe they'd be interested into
sponsoring an ARM port (yes I know it's not our main focus :p)

- Mono: do we have a porter yet ?

- wxWidget: there is a port started, but noone has time to finish it.

- WINE: eh

François.