[haiku] Re: GRRR! [was: Re: Man]

Le 31 août 2010 à 00:09, Oliver Tappe a écrit :

> Html is the format that bridges the gap between console/GUI best, and it is
> clearly superior to man for it's navigability (just try out the
> documentation for gcc and you'll see what I mean).

Which is why info was invented, to have better navigability than man.
The info mode in *emacs is very alike web pages.

> However, I've always found console based browsers a bit awkward. That's why
> I'm asking: can we live with links (our console based browser, it seems) as
> console-based documentation viewer? Is w3m (or any other browser) better
> for that task?

Never tried w3m.

Links should be ok, though we probably don't want to ship it with the GUI
enabled, though it works quite well since I added it, it means bundling a ton
of "fonts" (glyph PNGs actually) in a 3.7MB binary.

François.