[haiku] Re: GRRR! [was: Re: Man]

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 17:43:32 +0200

Le 31 août 2010 à 17:32, Rimas Kudelis a écrit :

>> But since you're asking, I have indeed planned to write a man frontend,
>> which does the searching for appropriate documentation, yes. Not that this
>> would yield anything useful in one of the described environments, I suppose,
>> but it should make it possible to type 'man ls', 'man strftime' and 'man
>> gcc' and get some meaningful result (displayed by either console-browser or
>> GUI-browser). cheers, Oliver

And man -k ? ;)
/me points again at
http://dev.osdrawer.net/projects/behappy/repository/changes/trunk/Add-ons/Man/Add-On.cpp

Bad MUA, change MUA ;)

> Does that mean that you made the decision about the format before actually
> starting this thread, and all this heat generated in it was just a waste of
> time?

He didn't start the thread.
We all had ideas and plans before it was started, because we all asked
ourselves some of the questions already, that's all.

François.