[openbeos] Re: File format support in Haiku

  • From: "Donovan Schulteis" <deej575@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 17:23:40 -0600

I don't think you should get that impression...

This mailing list was chartered for current development goals.  The future
of the OS is discussed on the Glass Elevator Mailing List.  This is to keep
people here focused on a R1 milestone.  If you want to rally up new ideas
that would possibly define an R2 milestone... go right ahead... but do it in
the appropriate list.  ;)

There is desire for such aspects, but there is also the appropriate place
for it.

Deej

On 4/5/07, Ar18@xxxxxxxxxxx <Ar18@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> One goal of Haiku is to avoid major API changes from the BeOS API, at
least
> for this release.  This is especially true for the Translation Kit since
we
What about the future of Haiku?  Is there ever going to come a point where
you go through some kind of top-down inspection of Haiku and re-evaluate it
to see if things should be done differently/better?  I was hoping maybe I
could get some people involved in this aspect, but I'm getting the
impression that there really is no desire to get people involved in
something like this (which makes it kinda pointless to get people involved
in the first place).