[haiku] Enhancements

  • From: Arnold <arnoldvanh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 22:10:24 +0200

Hello,

Having played around with this on my computer, I had some thoughts
about what I think I HAIKU is still missing.

IMHO HAIKU could use:

simple DHCP server for use in a local network

A program to facilitate communication between HAIKU machines (exchange
files first, play games later)
A similar program for communication between HAIKU and
windows machines (maybe develop in cooperation with REACTOS-project)
Linux machine (Ubuntu)
FreeBSD
MacOS (iOS for connecting or playing around with iPod/iPad)
Android
I am thinking of a program I used with a USB to USB connecting cable,
it is called PC-LINQ.
I found a link with a screenshot here
http://www.homenethelp.com/web/review/pc-linq.asp

For users it should also be possible to import settings from browsers
and email from another machine when connected in any way (network/USB
cable, piece of wire, wireless).

I miss an FTP-client.

Regards,

Arnold

P.S. This is possibly not haiku-os.org related but did anybody notice
the following? Was www.haikuware.com always restricted accessible?
(And www.haikuware.org  shows a Joomla setup page?)