[haiku] Re: Email formatting police

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 19:47:09 +0200

On 2010-05-16 at 19:34:15 [+0200], Truls Becken <truls.becken@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Alexandre Deckner wrote:
>
> > for the reading pleasure of all, please all try to conform to the _email
> > formatting_ of this mailing list.
>
> I'm wondering if a bullet point on configuring your mail program to send
> messages as plain text should be added to the etiquette?
>
> HTML a.k.a "Rich Text" messages are extremely annoying because the font
> tends to show up smaller or bigger than normal.

A lot of peolpe are not aware of this problem with their client software,
but I agree it's extremely annoying. Especially if the software in question
fails to properly quote, i.e. with mails from some people you can't tell
which part is quoted if you read the plain text version.

The problem you mention is only visible in clients that display HTML mails
in the first place, but I agree it annoys me there too.

And then there seems to be software which completely skips the plain text
version, those mails appear empty.

Best regards,
-Stephan