[openbeos] Re: Different booting problem

On 2/7/06, Rudolf <drivers.be-hold@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > AFAIU the problem, it doesn't crash at one single position, but it
> > crashes differently on each startup, ie. debug output alone wouldn't
> > be
> > that helpful.
> Ah, OK I get it.
> So you at least need a number of crashing messages to get a common
> denominator, and even then: it might point you at a wrong direction. :-/

Most commonly, it hangs right at the point where (in my one recent
successful boot-up) it tries to mount the filesystem. The one time it
did start up, I briefly saw the blue background and mouse pointer, and
then the whole screen went white, the mouse pointer disappeared, and
there was just a black text cursor in the upper left. I could type on
the screen, but nothing seemed to happen in response.

Anyway, I don't want to waste your time, since I'm not a programmer
and can't contribute much to your efforts. I'll just keep playing
around. Thanks.  :-)

--
Nathan Sandver <nsandver@xxxxxxxxx>