[haiku] Re: Differences between BeOS and Haiku

  • From: Alexandre Deckner <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 20:37:51 +0200

Humdinger wrote:
I'd add:

- Better POSIX compatibility
- More supported filesystems (I think: ext2/3, reiserfs, udf)
- Adjustable antialiasing (greyscale or LCD subpixel)
- Subtly modernized GUI (gradients, pop-up menus, button and border style etc.)
- Better keyboard navigation

I'd also add hundreds of Tracker bugs fixed and a few new features and optimizations (same for Deskbar and BeMail). Those are the rare components for which we had the sources and that were improved incrementally from BeOS R5. Although some of the bugs were due to bugs in Haiku, most of them were present in R5 and gone for good in Haiku :)

Best regards,
Alex